LGT Capital Partners is a leading alternative investment specialist with USD 65 billion in assets under management and more than 550 institutional clients in 40 countries. An international team of over 550 professionals is responsible for managing a wide range of investment programs focusing on private markets, liquid alternatives and multi-asset class solutions. Headquartered in Pfaeffikon (SZ), Switzerland, the firm has offices in New York, Dublin, London, Paris, Vaduz, Dubai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
The Private Equity Analyst Program is a 2-year full-time employment with the potential opportunity for outstanding candidates to continue their career at LGT Capital Partners. The position is in the Manager selection team located in Switzerland (near Zurich). The team assesses and invests in private equity and venture capital funds across Europe.
The anticipated start date is 1 July 2021 and the Program starts with a training module and includes continuous on-the-job training.
The Analyst joining the Manager selection team will focus on developing the following core investment skills:
- research, screening and assessment of European private equity opportunities incl. impact funds;
- qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess European private equity managers (incl. meeting and evaluating manager teams);
- in-depth assessment of underlying portfolio companies through modelling;
- assisting the team in project management from initial due diligence to final completion of buyout fund investments;
- analysis, assessment and comparison on managers;
- comparable company analysis, both using public and private company data.
With support from the team you will be responsible for the following steps of our investment process:
- screening and due diligence of private equity managers;
- maintaining our proprietary deal flow database;
- preparing for and participating in team meetings as well as investment committee meetings;
- monitoring of existing investments.
In addition, you will support our investment and sales teams with:
- market research and analysis;
- preparation of materials for client meetings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
- an interest in investing and willingness to learn;
- strong Excel and financial modeling skills are of advantage;
- good interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in English – other languages are a plus;
- an interest in quantitative and qualitative analysis and evaluation of private equity funds and their underlying portfolio companies;
- an interest in assessing team dynamics and culture of private equity managers;
- self-starter personality with a curious mind, an eye for detail and excellent organizational skills.
Please upload your complete application documents: CV, motivation letter, diplomas, transcripts and reference letters.
Kindly note that visa sponsorship is not provided for this role.
If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a successful alternative investment management team in an international, multicultural working environment we will be pleased to get to know you soon.
For further information please contact us.
LGT Capital Partners AG, Pfaeffikon