At our regional CSEM center Landquart/GR, you will lead and contribute to applied research and development projects in the field of opto-electronic sensor systems for applications in life sciences, medtech and process monitoring. In close contacts with our partners and customers, you are committed to deliver innovative solutions to complex technological challenges. Within the strategic objectives of the group, you propose game-changing ideas and promote them internally and externally. Your knowledge in project management will help you in leading interdisciplinary projects, as well as communicating with internal and external partners, both industrial and research-oriented.
- Development and characterization of innovative sensors solutions, prototypes and systems based on optical and electronic sensing technologies
- Integration of sensors into portable, application-specific and cost-effective prototypes together with experts in electronics, photonics, fluidics and microtechnology
- Tests and validation of sensing systems in industrially relevant applications
- Propose novel approaches and technologies to strengthen our technology portfolio
- Project management, managing the communication with internal groups and industrial clients
- Actively participate to the acquisition of projects
- You are a graduated Engineer (MSc or PhD) in systems engineering, opto-electronics, sensor technology, physics, or a related field.
- You have 3-5 years of work experience in relevant R&D activities, in particular in the design, development and implementation of optoelectronic sensor systems and prototypes.
- Ideally, you already have experience in project management for high-tech projects in an industrial environment and an affinity for project acquisition and proposal preparation.
- You are enthusiastic about developing new ideas and concepts in a dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
- Previous industrial experience in life sciences, medtech or process monitoring applications is a plus.
- You are business fluent in German and English.
- As a fast learner combined with passion for explorative science and innovative solutions you can rapidly adapt to changing situations.
- Capable of seeing the big picture, you know how to prioritize your tasks in an efficient way and you ensure a clear reporting of your experimental findings.
- Thanks to your natural curiosity and ability to deal with multidisciplinary activities you lead your projects successfully.
- You like to interact proactively with diverse teams including colleagues, industrial customers, as well as university partners.
- You are a natural and structured communicator.
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. We love to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place at the interface between research and industry, at the cutting edge of new technologies.
- An innovative, non-profit, impact-oriented, and employee-driven company.
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment.
- Being part of a passionate community.
- Having incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions, and great development opportunities.
- Benefiting from a management style based on trust & feedback, that favours a sustainable work-life balance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file (CV, motivation letter, diploma) online.